Thursday, June 21, 2007

Blink of an eye!

That's what my trip has been so far!

I am sitting in the Amsterdam airport, sulking after saying goodbye to my travel buddy and greatest friend ever, Sarah! I can't believe our experience is over! She is on her way home and we have such great memories.

I, however am on my way to Ios in the Greek Islands to meet up with Tiffany and Ashley! I am so looking forward to this.

Amsterdam was awesome. We had some funny experiences and encounters. Almost getting hit by bikes, our nervousness as we walked into our first coffeeshop, the crazy bagel shop owner who wouldn't let us sit down unless Sarah bought something also. Amsterdam is definitely a culture all of its own. I wussed out on getting a picture of the half naked lady dancing in front of the second story window! I totally wanted Nicky to see that.

Well, I wish I could say I want to come home but it's just not the truth. Even spending the whole day here in the Amsterdam airport with a cold, I feel happy because I am here. I am in a different country all by myself and I feel comfortable.

If only I had remembered to pack my newly bought shampoo and conditioner into my check-in baggage, the security guard wouldn't have had to throw it away! I know, that was my one touristy stupid moment! Just kidding, there have been way more than just one of those!

Love,
Erica

Talk to you when I'm soaking up the Grecian sun! :)

1 comment:

Anna said...

hi erica! my mom told me about blog so i read it all today! it sounds like you are having an awesome time...
have a lot of fun, and i cant wait to hear about it/see pictures when we see each other next!
xoxo anna